Did you know that simPRO has a number of industry associations we regularly work with? Maybe you've seen us in your NECA, Master Plumbers or ASIAL magazine. Or, found our booths at a local HVAC or Fire trade show.
We place a lot of value in partnering with these associations as they support the businesses our product plays a critical role in.
One of the factors impacting our customers right now is the labour shortage across Australia's service and maintenance sector.
Industry associations - like the ones we mentioned above - are supporting businesses during this time by offering a range of onboarding and upskilling opportunities for men and women operating in trades.
Below is a look at the associations we are known to partner with, the ways they celebrate industry professionals, and the training and events they offer to upskill staff - all to better prepare trade businesses to meet customer demand.
NECA - National Electrical and Communications Association
NECA represents the interests of the electrical and communications contracting industry in Australia. They provide their members with a suite of tools and services to help make their businesses stronger, including:
- Educational bodies in each state that offer technical training, business skills training and Business Development and Marketing training.
- NECA Excellence Awards that showcase the best electrical and communications projects to peers, industry officials, governments and local communities.
- NECA Apprentice Awards that are designed to recognise and rewards apprentices and their employers for outstanding performance and commitment to the industry.
- Annual NECA Conference where electrical and communications contractors can learn more about industry trends and insights on the latest technologies as well as hear from accomplished, business-savvy keynote speakers.
- Apprenticeship support to enable those considering a career in the electrical or communications cabling sector.
ASIAL - Australian Security Industry Association Limited
ASIAL is the largest security industry association in Australia. It currently represents 85% of the industry and is committed to supporting its members, promoting standards and safeguarding public interests. Some of the opportunities it offers members include:
- Industry Briefings that are held across the country and provide updates on industry news, trends and best practices, as well as key networking opportunities.
- The Security Conference and Exhibition where security professionals can network and learn critical industry and technology updates from local and international experts.
- The Awards for Excellence where the Australian security industry can come together and celebrate the excellence and innovation shown by professionals.
- A range of resources to support security businesses in adhering to regulations and meeting standards. As well as tools for supporting staff and their mental and physical health.
- An eLearning platform to support members in meeting the training needs of their employees.
- The Security Technician Certification program to provide training with professional recognition and an industry recognised career pathway.
- A Continuing Professional Development program.
Master Plumbers, MPAQ, Master Plumbers SA
These entities support and champion plumbing service and maintenance businesses across Australia. They recognise the vital role this industry plays in public health and the environmental sustainability of communities - consistently lobbying for the best interests of their professionals.
Master Plumbers offers a range of support, like:
- Industrial Relations advice to help members with issues surrounding agreements, entitlements, general employment, apprentice employment, federal government regulations and more.
- Apprentice hiring opportunities, in partnership with the apprentice Group Training Scheme, to support business needs.
- Occupational Health and Safety Advice from a dedicated officer to assist members with WHS compliance documents and information on safe work practices.
- Plumbing training to upskill staff, no matter the stage in their career.
MPAQ, or the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland, has a dedicated Technical Services team that can provide members with advice on legislation, regulations and standards as they need it. They also have a comprehensive range of Technical Updates that are regularly posted to their website.
Master Plumbers SA offers various courses in up-skilling that are eligible for members and non-members, including:
- Certificate I in Construction
- Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
- Plumbing Plus
- Commission and Maintain Hot and Heated Water in Temperature Devices
AIRAH - The Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating
This industry body supports the professionalism and development of HVAC contractors through training and accreditation programs as well as a range of technical publications.
They are recognised by government and industry bodies for their expertise in a range of issues in the area of engineering services for the built environment.
A lot of the support AIRAH offers is available online through their website, and includes:
- A podcast that explores stories from the HVAC professional in Australia and abroad.
- Digital releases of Design Application Manuals and Technical Handbooks.
- The Skills Workshop which is a collection of online content dedicated to upskilling professionals.
- A weekly eNewsletter that contains up-to-date information about events, conferences and training programs available near the reader.
Partnering with these associations is just one way we support our customers.
The labour shortage has directly and indirectly impacted every service and maintenance business in Australia, no matter the industry, and we are proud to partner with organisations that can offer them support.
If there is an association you think we should partner with, or are a representative of an establishment that would like to discuss partnership, visit our partner page to learn more.