One of the first major initiatives we are rolling out in 2020 is a UI/UX (User Interface/ User Experience) overhaul. The project will revamp how simPRO looks and feels to deliver an improved user experience.
And while some surprises are great, we know nobody wants to wake up to a vastly differently-looking simPRO on a busy Monday morning! We want to make the change as stress-free as possible for your business. So we’d like to share the plan with you to help you prepare!
Keep reading to find out:
- Why are we changing the simPRO interface?
- What changes are being made? And when?
- What support will be in place to help you make the transition?
- Five tips to help you prepare!
Why are we changing the look and feel of simPRO?
Technology is constantly moving forward (will it ever slow down?!) and we need to adapt in line with it. We’ve taken on board your feedback about how you would like to get from A to B in the system, and made adjustments accordingly.
What changes are being made, when?
Because we know that a big overnight revamp could have major impacts on your business, we are taking a staged approach.
Initially, the changes will be subtle and all of your menu options will stay in a familiar place. As the first round of enhancements will not change simPRO navigation, we don’t anticipate any impacts on your workflows.
Over a series of releases, the changes will become more noticeable as we make improvements to the navigation, including the menu structure, to help you and your team get to the key areas of the software faster and easier than ever before.
What support will be in place to help you make the transition?
Free educational webinars
At key points in the staged rollout, we will be offering webinars to walk you through the changes. These will be delivered in multiple time zones to allow our entire global community to be involved.
To ensure you receive your invitation to these webinars, please click here to update your email subscription preferences.
Whenever there is an update that will change the way you navigate through simPRO, there will be “Walk Me Through” guidance added to your build to show you how to use the new navigation.
Click here to find out more about how to access and use the Walk Me Through tool on the Help Guide.
You will also see in-app announcements and shout out messages pop up on your screen when you log in to simPRO to let you know when changes are being made. Please take the time to read these notifications as they contain important information!
On the Help Guide
All of our Help Guide articles and videos will be updated every time there is an improvement made that changes the way you interact with the system.
In the simPRO Learning l Toolbox
The simPRO Learning l Toolbox is a resource that is free for your entire team to use. It includes over 150 individual learning materials and 25 courses, and that number is growing all the time.
At every point where workflows and functionality change as a result of the UI/UX project, the learning materials will be updated. When these changes occur, we suggest using the Navigation materials to see how the different areas have been changed.
Through our online communications
In addition to the many channels above, we will keep you updated on the progress of the project through our blog, social media and monthly email newsletters.
Follow the links below to follow us on your favourite social media platform!
(PS If you’re a LinkedIn lover, request to join the Official LinkedIn simPRO User Group where we regularly post information to help you get more from simPRO!)
Your local simPRO team
If you are concerned about the impact these changes may have on your business, please reach out to your local simPRO team to discuss how we can help ease the impact on your team.
In recap - 5 tips to help you prepare!
Preparing yourself and your staff, well before anything changes, is the best approach. Here are our top tips to help ease the process:
- Let your staff know that changes are coming, listen to their concerns about how the changes will impact them, and reassure them that we’re all in this together. At simPRO, we will provide ample resources to help you and your staff adjust.
- Attend our upcoming webinars and other events to learn about the process we are undertaking and familiarise yourself with the changes.
- Pay attention to those in-app announcements that pop up when you login to simPRO, read our blogs, follow our social media pages (we’re everywhere!) and share your thoughts in the Ideas Portal!
- Make sure you, and your key staff, subscribe to simPRO’s newsletter as well so they are kept up-to-date with the latest news.
- Register yourself and your staff for the simPRO Learning l Toolbox. It’s free for all simPRO clients, and the learning materials are broken down into bite-sized pieces. Most will take between 5-15 minutes to complete!