As the old saying goes, knowledge is power. Or, in the case of trade contracting professionals, knowledge is the key to great customer service.
When your team is out in the field, they need as much information as possible to provide a high-quality service that will keep your valuable customers returning to you.
Having data that is accurate, detailed and up-to-date can make all the difference between a contract-worthy service model and an easily-overlooked business.
So, how can you create the ultimate asset record that will inform and enable your team to act with knowledge every time they provide maintenance or service?
Once you've equipped your team with the ultimate tools for accessing data and testing assets, use this checklist to create detailed asset records.
General asset information
- Date of purchase
- Purchase price and the description of the asset
- Suppliers name, address and contact details
- Warranty information or guarantees
- An estimate of the asset's lifetime and when it may need to be replaced
- The serial number or other identifying tags
Detailed asset information
- Location of the asset
- The method of depreciation and the depreciation rate applicable to that asset
- Details of any operation policies or procedures that relate to the asset
- Confirmation and details of the insurance policy that covers the asset
- Whether staff need to be trained before they can use or operate the asset
- Maintenance schedule
- Operating manuals
Asset history information
- Details of any repairs, upgrades or improvements made to the asset
- If the asset is disposed of, then relevant details need to be recorded
- Whether there are any safety or risk management issues
Give your team more power in their pockets with simPRO
In addition to providing tools to simplify and optimise asset management, simPRO also has solutions for all areas of operations management - both in the office and the field.
Visit the simPRO Asset Management page for more information on managing your assets.
Want to discover more great checklists and insights for better asset management? Check out our simPRO blog.