As we enter into a new decade, we are rolling out a new look for simPRO. This major initiative involves a UI/UX (User Interface/ User Experience) overhaul. The project will revamp how simPRO looks and feels to deliver an improved user experience.
While some surprises are great, we know nobody wants to wake up to a vastly different simPRO on a busy Monday morning! We want to make the upcoming change as stress-free as possible for simPRO users. So, to help you prepare, we’re sharing our plan for the UI/UX changes:
- Why we are changing the simPRO interface
- What changes are being made, and when
- Support tools to help you make the transition
- Five tips to help you prepare
Why are we changing the look and feel of simPRO?
Technology is constantly moving forward, and we need to adapt our software to align with the forward movement. We’ve taken your feedback to heart about how you would like to get from point A to B in simPRO and made adjustments accordingly.
What changes are being made, when?
Because we know that a big overnight revamp could have major impacts on your business, we are taking a staged approach.
Initially, the changes will be subtle and all of your menu options will stay in a familiar place. As the first round of enhancements will not change simPRO navigation, we don’t anticipate any impacts on your workflows.
Over a series of releases, the changes will become more noticeable as we make improvements to the navigation, including the menu structure, to help you and your team access key areas of the software faster and more easily.
What support will be in place to help you make the transition?
Free educational webinars
At key points in the staged rollout, we will be offering webinars to walk you through the changes. These will be delivered in multiple time zones to allow our entire global community to be involved.
To ensure you receive your invitation to these webinars, please update your email subscription preferences.
Walk Me Through guides
Whenever there is an update that will change the way you navigate through simPRO, “Walk Me Through” guidance will be added to your build to show you how to use the new navigation.
You will also see in-app announcements and pop up messages on your screen when you log in to simPRO to let you know when changes are being made. Please take the time to read these notifications as they contain important information.
Help Guide support
All of our Help Guide articles and videos will be updated every time there is a change in the way you interact with simPRO.
In the simPRO Learning l Toolbox
The simPRO Learning l Toolbox is a resource that is free for your entire team to use. It includes more than 150 individual learning materials and 25 courses, and that number is growing all the time.
Any time workflows and functionality change as a result of the UI/UX update project, the learning materials will be updated. When these changes occur, we suggest using the Navigation materials to see how the different areas have been changed.
Online communications and updates
In addition to the many support channels above, we will keep you updated on the progress of this UI/UX update project through our blog, social media and monthly email newsletters.
Click the links below to follow us on your favorite social media platform!
PS - If you’re a LinkedIn lover, request to join the Official LinkedIn simPRO User Group where we regularly post information to help you get more from simPRO!
5 tips to help you prepare
Preparing yourself and your staff, well before anything changes, is the best approach. Here are our top tips to help ease the process:
- Let your staff know that changes are coming, listen to their concerns about how the changes will impact them, and reassure them that we’re all in this together. At simPRO, we will provide ample resources to help you and your staff adjust.
- Attend our upcoming webinars and other events to learn about the process we are undertaking, and familiarize yourself with the changes.
- Pay attention to those in-app announcements that pop up when you login to simPRO, read our blogs, follow our social media pages (we’re everywhere!) and share your thoughts in the Ideas Portal.
- Make sure you and your staff subscribe to simPRO’s newsletter as well so you are kept up-to-date with the latest news.
- Register yourself and your staff for the simPRO Learning l Toolbox. This resource is free for all simPRO users, and the learning materials are broken down into easy to consume pieces. Most courses will take between 5-15 minutes to complete!