As COVID-19 continues to impact businesses around Australia, it is only natural for some to feel like they are alone. This sentiment, however, couldn't be farther from the truth.
That's why we've put together this comprehensive breakdown of resources available to businesses in the trades industry in Australia.
The list below includes various links to industry support, important information, strategies for managing change, advice for handling tough conversations and more.
To skip to your industry's section, simply select from the options below.
- Fire Protection
- Government and financial support for trade businesses
Resources for electrical businesses
Master Electricians Australia
MEA is currently offering a range of resources to support electrical businesses around Australia including downloadable checklists, webinars, COVID-19 updates and more.
Electrical Comms Data Online
A popular news-source for those in the electrical industry, the team at ECD Online updates readers on the industry developments related to COVID-19.
Resources for HVAC&R businesses
Air Conditioning & Mechanical Contractors' Association
The AMCA has compiled an in-depth, dedicated webpage to house important data for members regarding COVID-19. It includes health and business updates about COVID-19, technical resources, information about the government stimulus package, an employer guide as well as advice for business continuity.
Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating
The AIRAH is offering HVAC&R businesses a range of resources that address common questions and provide industry updates about the impact of COVID-19. Check out the link below to find out more information.
Resources for security businesses
Australian Security Industry Association Limited
The ASIAL has provided a range of resources and updates for owners and operators in the security industry to help them adapt to the changing COVID-19 climate.
- Webpage - COVID-19 Information and updates
- Webpage - COVID-19 Resources for members
- Webpage - COVID-19 State and territory government support
Resources for plumbing businesses
Master Plumbers Associations (National, VIC, NSW, QLD, WA, SA)
The MPA are providing their members with regular updates as well as some resources to ensure businesses understand how to best adapt to the changes that COVID-19 will bring.
- Webpage - COVID-19 Information Hub for Master Plumbers
- Social media update - Factual Information from the Fair Work Ombudsman
- Webpage - COVID-19 Knowledge and support
- Webpage - Coronavirus information for tradespeople
- Webpage - Coronavirus information for members
- Online Course - COVID-19 Awareness
- Webpage (MPAQ) - COVID-19 Knowledge and Support
Resources for fire protection businesses
Fire Protection Australia
As the impact of COVID-19 on fire protection businesses continues to evolve, FPA has created a hub filled with useful information.
Government and Financial Support for Trade Businesses
All states and territories
- COVIDSafe Plan: Information and resources to help your business prepare a COVIDSafe Plan
- Financial support: Construction
- Financial support: Small business
New South Wales
Find more COVID-19 resources in our COVID-19 Crisis Management Hub.