As COVID-19 continues to impact businesses around Australia, it is only natural for some to feel like they are alone. This sentiment, however, couldn't be farther from the truth.
That's why we've put together this comprehensive breakdown of resources available from simPRO's wholesaler partners and industry associations.
The list below includes various links to industry support, important information, strategies for managing change, advice for handling tough conversations and more.
To skip to your industry's section, simply select from the options below.
Resources for electrical businesses
Master Electricians Australia
MEA is currently offering a range of resources to support electrical businesses around Australia including downloadable checklists, webinars, COVID-19 updates and more.
- Member Resources - Customer procedure checklists
- COVID-19 Advisory Notice - Customer contact precautions
- Video - MEA COVID-19 management procedures
- Video - COVID-19 update from MEA CEO Malcom Richards (18 March)
NECA (National, NSW/ACT, QLD, SA, WA and VIC)
The National Electrical and Communications Associations of Australia have provided in-depth coverage of the evolving COVID-19 crisis, how it will impact those operating in the electrical industry and how businesses can adapt.
- Webinar series - Managing coronavirus in the workplace
- COVID-19 Employer guide - Managing the workplace in the face of an outbreak
- Coronavirus updates - What you need to know
Electrical Comms Data Online
A popular news-source for those in the electrical industry, the team at ECD Online has put together some valuable answers to questions from business owners.
- Article - What does the COVID-19 stimulus mean for you?
- Article - What responsibilities do employers have during COVID-19?
Updates from electrical wholesalers
Many businesses are wondering how new government rules and industry changes will impact the service hours of electrical wholesalers. Below, we've compiled any updates from simPRO partners that have been provided online.
- Ideal Electrical - Social media update
- NHP Electrical Engineering Products - Media release
- Seadan Security and Electronics - Social media update
- Rexel Electrical Supplies - Social media update
- Sherriff Electrical Wholesales - Social media update
- John R Turk - Social media update
- Lawrence & Hanson - Media release
- Lear & Smith - Social media update
- Middy's - Social media update
- Tradezone - Media release
Resources for HVAC&R businesses
Air Conditioning & Mechanical Contractors' Association
The AMCA has compiled an in-depth, dedicated webpage to house important data for members regarding COVID-19. It includes health and business updates about COVID-19, technical resources, information about the government stimulus package, an employer guide as well as advice for business continuity.
Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating
The AIRAH is offering HVAC&R businesses a range of resources that address common questions and provide industry updates about the impact of COVID-19.
- Update - AIRAH statement on COVID-19
- Update - Information for AIRAH members about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Update - Common questions about COVID-19 and air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Article - Coronavirus: What we know so far about managing the risk in buildings
Resources for Security businesses
Australian Security Industry Association Limited
The ASIAL has provided a range of resources and updates for owners and operators in the security industry to help them adapt to the changing COVID-19 climate.
- Webpage - COVID-19 Information and updates
- Webpage - COVID-19 Resources for members
- Message to ASIAL members - We are here to help
- Webpage - COVID-19 State and territory government support
- Update - ASIAL COVID-19 Resources - March 22
- Update - ASIAL COVID-19 Resources - March 23
Resources for Plumbing businesses
Master Plumbers Associations (National, VIC, NSW, QLD, WA, SA)
The MPA are providing their members with regular updates as well as some resources to ensure businesses understand how to best adapt to the changes that COVID-19 will bring.
- Webpage - COVID-19 Information Hub for Master Plumbers
- Video - Master Plumbers' CEO Peter Daly on stage one restriction
- Social media update - Factual Information from the Fair Work Ombudsman
- Webpage - COVID-19 Knowledge and support
- Webpage - Coronavirus information for tradespeople
- Webpage - Coronavirus information for members
- Media Release - Plumbers provide an essential service in the fight against COVID-19
- Online Course - COVID-19 Awareness
Updates from plumbing wholesalers
Many businesses are wondering how new government rules and industry changes will impact the service hours of plumbing wholesalers. Below we've compiled any updates from simPRO partners that have been provided online.
Resources for Fire Protection businesses
Fire Protection Australia
As the impact of COVID-19 on fire protection businesses continues to evolve, FPA has provided a response on its website.
Resources for all businesses
There are a number of business consultants creating content to aid trade contracting businesses in successfully managing their operations and weathering the COVID-19 storm.
We have compiled some of the most useful resources below.
- Survival Pack - COVID-19 Tradie Survival Pack - TradiePad
- Webinar - Crisis-proof your trade business in 2020 - Lifestyle Tradie
- Webinar - How to thrive, not just survive, in uncertain times - Protrade United
- Infographic - Create a functional working from home space - Davichi Computer Services
- Blog - Business continuity plan - Acacia Consulting Services
- Blog - Australia's $17.6 billion economic stimulus package: Everything we know - Bottrell Business Consultants
- Article - Be vigilant with your cyber security while working from home - Davichi Computer Services
- Article - The government coronavirus stimulus package explained - ProAMS Services Pty Ltd
- Article - What can we do to survive the impact of COVID-19 - CFO On-Call
- Article - COVID-19 business help - CFO On-Call
- Article - COVID-19 scams to watch out for - Cymax
- Article - Pivoting through crisis - Ray Hodge
- Article - Stimulus Package: What tradies need to know - TradiePad
To find the latest resources to help you face the COVID-19 climate, click here to be redirected to our COVID-19 Crisis Management Hub.
To receive COVID-19 and other simPRO-related emails in your inbox, click here to be redirected to our email preferences page.